Defining HILA Report Metrics: Engagement
This article provides the data and associated ranges for the Engagement metric in the HILA report.
- Learn how to generate a report using the High Impact Learning Dashboard.
- Learn about the data category ranges within the Advocacy metric.
- Learn about the data category ranges within the Understanding metric.
- Learn about the data category ranges within the Commitment metric.
Our Engagement measure looks at both the participation of learners going through the course - whether they proceeded from activity to activity - but also whether they actively used the discussion forums to exchange ideas with others in their cohort, both in the quantity of discussion, as well as the quality. In this way, the Engagement metric is much richer than most, as it combines both the learners' completion as well as their exchange of ideas.
Engagement category ranges
- Very High: 61-100
- High: 40-60
- Moderate: 26-40
- Low: 11-25
- Very Low: 1-10
- No Show: 0
- On Track: The learner has completed greater than 70% of required course activities.
- Behind: The learner has completed 70% or less of required activities but above 0%.
- No Show: The learner has not completed any required activities, i.e. 0%.
- Silent: A learner in this category did not post a comment or reply to other learners’ posts in the course’s discussion activities.
- Poster: A learner in this category posted in one or more discussion activities but did not respond to other learners’ posts.
- Responder: A learner in this category responded to one or or more posts from other learners but did not post a comment in the course’s discussion activities.
- Collaborator: A learner in this category both posted a comment and responded to other learners’ posts in the course’s discussion activities.