How to Update Notification Frequency for a Community of Practice
This article outlines the process for site owners and site administrators to update the notification frequency for a Community of Practice (CoP).
How often are notification emails sent for a Community of Practice?
By default, notification emails are sent to all members of a community one day after a resource is added to the community - i.e. the Daily setting. Admins can update the notification frequency to Weekly, meaning that an email notification is sent the week after a resource has been added, or to No Digest, meaning that no email notifications are sent when resources are added.
Tip: When you are first setting up your community, update the email frequency to No Digest to avoid your community members receiving many notifications as you build out the resources in the community. After you are done, update the setting back to Daily or Weekly based on your preference.
How to update notification frequency for a Community of Practice
- Click on the admin tools gear icon on the top right of any page.
- On the next screen, click Communities on the left panel.
- Locate and click on the community you would like to update. Do not click on the View button, and instead click on the name of the community itself. Tip: for faster navigating, use the status filter and/or sort any columns in the page.
- Next, on the Configure page under Name & Description, update the Default Digest Email Frequency to the desired frequency.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.