How to Lock and Unlock Course Activities
This article describes how to lock and unlock course activities, which Moderators often do to ensure learners complete the course at approximately the same pace.
Note: The lock/unlock course activities feature is only available to the admin roles of Moderator and Course Manager. Learn more about cohort admin roles.
How to lock course activities
- Navigate to the course home page.
- Click on the admin wrench icon in the course header.
- Click Lock/Unlock Course Activities.
- On the Lock/Unlock Course Activities page, each activity is listed next to a radio button, with the radio button at the top selected - “Allow Members to Access All Course Activities”. Navigate to the first activity you would like to lock. In other words, the activity you select through the final course activity will be locked.
- Once you have selected the first course activity to lock, click the activity’s corresponding radio button on the right.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
- Click the course title at the top of the page and view the course map to verify that the correct activities were locked.
How to unlock course activities
Unlocking course activities involves the same process as locking course activities. For example, if your course contains three modules, you have previously locked modules two and three, and you’d now like to unlock module two, you simply select the radio button for the first activity in module three. This would lock everything from that activity through the final course activity, while module two would now be available to learners. Tip: Don’t forget to click Save at the bottom of the page.
Note: When you would like to unlock the entire course, choose the Allow Members to Access All Course Activities radio button at the top of the page.