How to Change the Email Address Associated with a Learner’s Account
This article describes how to change a learner’s email address in their account, which is helpful when solving for a learner having multiple accounts as well as when a learner’s email address changes due to a name change, acquisition, etc.
- Click on the admin tools icon on the top right of any page.
- On the left panel, click Members.
- Locate and click on the correct account. Tip: for faster navigating, use the search bar, status filter, and/or sort any columns in the page.
- In the Email field, the account owner’s historical email address should be visible. To update the email associated with their account to their new email address, simply enter the new email address in this field.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
- If your organization uses an automated data feed, then after this step is completed, you must ensure that the learner’s email address is also updated in the data feed. It must happen in this order, i.e. updating the platform first and then updating the data feed. When this does not happen in the proper order, a new, second account will be created for the learner which will cause issues with their course and analytics history.
What happens after the email address has changed?
The account owner will no longer be able to log in using their previous email address. They will only be able to log in using the new email address along with their previous password.