How to Update a Course Version Name
Admins can change the name of a course version at any time. This article describes how to change a course title as well as the implications to consider.
How to change a course version name
- Click on the admin tools icon on the top right of any page after logging in.
- On the Courses page, click on the course title.
- You will automatically be taken to the Versions page.
- Click on the course version you’d like to change the name of. Note: One course can have multiple versions so make sure you select the version you are looking for. Learn more about the hierarchy of course versions within courses. Versions are listed in larger font above their associated cohorts. In the image below, there are two course versions - Original and Copy of Original.
- Next, under Version Name, change the name of the course version to your preferred name.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Implications to consider when changing a course version name
The new course version name is only displayed to admins accessing the Course Admin page. It does not update the course title in the course page, catalog, Admin Tools page, or anywhere else the course title is displayed. Changing the version name simply changes the name of the version for admins only. If you would like a new course title to be displayed throughout the platform, learn how to update a course title.
Changing a course version name also does not create a new course version, it simply changes the name of the current version. Learn more about how and why to copy a course version.