How to Update a Course Title
Admins can change course titles at any time. This article describes how to change a course title as well as the implications to consider.
How to change a course title
- Click on the admin tools icon on the top right of any page after logging in.
- On the Courses page, click on the course you’d like to change the title of.
- On the left, click Settings.
- Under Name, change the title of the course to your preferred title.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page. Implications to consider when changing a course title
Changing a course title has implications to consider, including but not limited to the following:
- The new course title will be displayed everywhere the course title was previously displayed, including on the course page and in the catalog if the catalog feature is enabled in Site Settings. If there are learners that have taken the course, they should be informed of the title change so they can properly find the course if they’d like to revisit the content.
Depending on the situation, the better solution may be to create a new course version within the existing course. Learn more about the difference between courses and course versions.