The Hierarchy of Cohorts, Course Versions, and Courses Within Communities of Practice
This article lays out the hierarchy of the main learning components within the platform, including communities of practice, courses, course versions, cohorts, modules, lessons, and activities.
This explanation will begin at the highest, broadest learning component in the platform and will go to the most detailed.
- Your site can contain one or more communities of practice. Learn more about what a community of practice is.
- Communities of practice can contain one or more courses.
- Courses can contain one or more course versions. Learn more about the difference between courses and course versions.
- Course versions can contain one or more cohorts. Each cohort only views the course version assigned to the cohort.
- Course versions contain course content organized via modules, lessons, and activities. Learn more about the definitions and hierarchy of modules, lessons, and activities.
- Modules contain one or more lessons.
- Lessons contain one or more activities.
- Activities are the basic building blocks of a course.