How to Publish a Course to the Catalog
The catalog allows learners to browse available courses prior to enrolling in a course and can be enabled and configured via Site Settings. This article outlines the steps to publish a course to the catalog.
How to navigate to the catalog settings for a course
- Click on the admin tools icon on the top right after logging in.
- Click Courses from the admin tools menu on the left.
- Select the desired course.
- Click the Settings option within the course.
How to configure course settings related to the catalog
Each course can be configured differently for the catalog, including the following options:
- Enable Splash Page: This setting allows you to create a splash page for the course.
- Publish to Catalog: This setting will publish the course to the catalog, making it visible in the catalog for certain learners based on the privacy settings chosen.
- Privacy Setting: This setting allows admins to configure the visibility of the course within the catalog. There are three privacy settings to choose from:
- Public: No sign-in is required to access. Note: You must first enable this option from Site Settings if you would like to enable this privacy setting option.
- Site: Anyone who can log into the site can access.
- Community: Anyone who can log into the site and also is a member of the associated community can access.