Cohort Setup: Events
This article shows how to set up your cohort’s live events, typically for course capstones, using the Events page in the cohort setup menu.
Why do I need to set up a live event?
If your course includes a Live Event activity, you will need to set up the details for each event and each cohort. This is different from creating a Live Event activity when building the course. Learn more about the difference between creating a Live Event activity and setting up a live event for a cohort.
- In essence, when building the course you create the template version of a Live Event Activity, including a description. Then, as you prepare for a cohort to go through the course, you set up the event specifically for that cohort, including the link to register and/or launch the event, the event date and time, and an updated description if you’d like. Since, over time, each cohort taking the course will likely have a different event date, link, etc, the platform allows you to set up each event this way without requiring a new course version.
How to set up an event
- To begin, navigate to the Events page.
- Next, click on the Live Event link in order to edit the live event.
- On the next page, you will be able to name the event, select an event type (the platform automatically selects Interactive Webinar), update the description if desired, add start and end date and time, and provide the registration and/or launch URL. The URL will appear as a Launch button to the learners in the course and, when clicked, will open the event using the link you added.
- After configuring each event, click Save at the bottom of the page. If there are multiple events in the course, you will repeat this process for each of the Live Event Activities.
Tip: If you record your live event, you can add the recording and/or attachments (such as the slides used in the event) to the activity for learners who couldn’t attend.