January 4, 2022 Release Note: Accessibility
This month's release highlights our most recent product improvements and fixes so that you stay informed about what's new on CorpU.
Important new improvements and fixes coming to CorpU on January 4th
The January 4th release of CorpU delivers a participant experience that now adheres to the accessibility guidelines and principles which are set by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 Level AA. The assistive technologies VoiceOver and Lighthouse are used to test the CorpU end-user experience for accessibility and quality. Web Content Accessibility Guidelines – are referenceable technical standards that explain how to make web content more accessible to people with disabilities – are stable. These guidelines are organized around the following four principles, which lay the necessary foundation for anyone to access and use web content. These guidelines ensure all content is:
- Perceivable - all users must be able to perceive the information being presented
- Operable - all users must be able to operate the interface
- Understandable - all users must be able to understand and easily operate the interface
- Robust - all platform features throughout the participant experience should remain accessible
To learn more about the WCAG principles and standards, visit the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) Overview.
- All emails generated by the platform are now accessibility compliant, including the use of keyboard controls and screen readers.
Corrections to bugs that have been identified in our product
- Corrected an issue where "liking" a discussion post would cause the users focus to be pushed back to the top of the page
- Fixed a Russian translation issue within the course reflection activity
Upcoming features and enhancements on our roadmap
- Improved email accessibility experience