October 4, 2021 Release Note: Redesigned Course Experience
This month’s release highlights our most recent product improvements and fixes so that you stay informed about what’s new on CorpU.
Important new features coming to CorpU on October 4th.
New, Redesigned Course Experience
Our latest update delivers an enhanced course experience that improves how you engage and navigate through a course. From embarking on a new learning journey, jumping back into course activities with your peers, taking important notes, or completing course activities. The enhanced course experience allows you to immerse yourself in the cohort learning experience and help you easily navigate through all the things that matter most throughout your learning journey.
Users may notice the following improvements to the course dashboard:
- Clear navigation buttons to easily view an introduction to the course or get started right away
- Access to help options that allow you to take a tour of the course interface or contact a moderator for help
- Expanded the course map to make it easier to view everything you need to do throughout the course
Previous Course Dashboard New Course Dashboard
- A more responsive experience that adapts to any device
Users may also notice the following improvements to course activities:
- The Mark Complete button is now pinned to the bottom of the page making it easier to complete activities regardless of how much content is presented within a course activity page
- Notes have been moved to the top course menu bar for easy access and note-taking
- The option to save course activities to your backpack has been moved to the lower pinned bar making it easy to save important activities anywhere on the page
- Clearer and more prominent checkmarks are displayed when a user completes course activities
- The color contrast has been adjusted to meet WCAG 2.1 guidelines for accessibility
|Previous Course Activity Layout||New Course Activity Layout|
Smaller enhancements we have made to our product
- Added a notification indicator to a user's profile icon that indicates when a new private message is received
- Removed the graphic illustration within the Welcome to CorpU account activation email
| Previous Design
|| New Design
- All course settings information will now be included when copying a course, making it easy to create a course splash page once and deploying many times within your site.
Corrections to bugs that have been identified in our product
- Fixed an issue where the Cohort Feedback completion information was not accurately displayed to admins on the course dashboard page
- Corrected an issue where a participants progress was not displaying correctly on the course dashboard page
Upcoming features and enhancements on our roadmap
- Enhanced Community of Practice experience
- Improved accessibility enhancements across all popup modals
- Improved accessibility across all platform generated emails